Have you ever dreamed of exploring the captivating landscapes of Scotland while savoring its rich culinary treasures? If so, you’re in for a treat!
Ponte Travels is thrilled to introduce our upcoming trip, Highland and Island Harmonies, scheduled for April 13-22, 2024. Join us for an unforgettable journey into the heart of Scotland’s culture, where you’ll experience the evolution of this remarkable land through its food, drink, music, art, dance, and language.
Culinary Delights Await
One of the highlights of our trip is undoubtedly the culinary adventure that awaits you. Led by Annette Tomei and Lisa Belczyk of Wander, Eat, & Tell Experiences, this journey will take your taste buds on a tantalizing tour of Scotland’s gastronomic heritage.
Meet Your Hosts
Annette Tomei, a food and drinks educator, culinary travel specialist, and author, will guide you through the world of Scottish cuisine. With decades of experience in professional kitchens, a master’s degree in gastronomy, and a passion for culinary history, Annette’s expertise will leave you hungry for more knowledge and flavors.
Lisa Belczyk, an educator and program designer with a background in music and aesthetics, will add a unique artistic perspective to your experience. Her imaginative approach to learning and her deep knowledge of craft cocktails and spirits will elevate your understanding of Scottish beverages to new heights.
During this journey, you’ll embark on a culinary exploration like no other. Here are some of the delicious experiences that await:
- Guided Foodie Tour of Glasgow: Dive into the vibrant culinary scene of Glasgow, discovering hidden gems and tasting local delicacies.
- Guided Nightlife Tour in Glasgow: Experience the city’s nightlife like a local, sipping on cocktails and enjoying the vibrant atmosphere.
- Haggis-Making Experience: Learn the art of crafting haggis from a master Haggis Maker, gaining insight into this iconic Scottish dish.
- Foraging Adventure in Oban: Explore the shores of Oban, foraging for edible treasures in the wild Scottish nature.
- Visit to Family-Owned Cheese Farms: Discover the secrets of Scottish cheese-making as you visit a family-owned cheese farm.
- Tobermory Distillery Visit: Immerse yourself in the world of Scottish whisky with a visit to Tobermory Distillery on the Isle of Mull.
- Traditional Venison Dinner: Enjoy a traditional venison dinner at the Dundreggan rewilding center, savoring the flavors of Scotland’s wild game.
Beyond the Table
Our Scotland Cultural Feast Trip goes beyond just culinary experiences. You’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Scotland with opportunities such as a visit to Tobermory Distillery, an optional sea-fishing trip, and a session with a traditional storyteller delving into Scottish folklore followed by a Gaelic language session. Plus, a visit to Great Glen Distillery will deepen your appreciation for Scottish spirits.
Early Sign-Up Incentive
We are thrilled to share this once-in-a-lifetime immersive journey off the beaten path in Scotland with you!
To kick off our adventure and get to know our travel companions prior to departure, we would like to extend a special offer for all guests who book their trip and make their deposit by October 31st: a complimentary ticket to join Annette and Lisa in a live, interactive online food and beverage experience – all about Scotland!
On March 12, 2024 at 6:30 EST, Annette and Lisa will guide you through an exploration of the culinary and beverage treasures that await us, using Gary Maclean’s beautiful cookbook, The Scottish Kitchen, as a text for our program.
Book by October 31 to receive:
– Complimentary seat in the virtual class on March 12, 2024 from 6:30-8:30 PM EST
– A copy of The Scottish Kitchen by Gary Maclean
– Pre-class materials to help you prepare in advance, including cooking and mixing tips, suggested menus, shopping help, as well questions and prompts for reflection
– The opportunity to connect with your hosts and fellow travelers before embarking on our adventure through Scotland!
Join Us in Scotland!
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to explore the heart and soul of Scotland through its cuisine, culture, and natural wonders. Spaces are limited to 12-15 participants, so secure your spot today and embark on a journey that will leave you with a lifetime of memories.
For more information and booking details, visit the Highland and Island Harmonies Trip Page.